Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Easy Led blinking test

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoui333

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all!

I recently purchase pickit 2 starter kit with the demo board and i`m trying to play a little bit with it.

I`m using flowcode 4 and i load the .hex file to the pickit app.

I achieve to turn on a led etc...

Now i`m trying to make t blinking! Even though my simulation on flowcode is fine on the demo board the Led just turns on!

What`s the problem, it should work is simple application. i use a loop that turns on and of the same led with a small delay in between.

Any suggestions?

Is anyone else using flowcode for some advices?

Thanks!

Hi,
What happens is, your delay is too small, so, even though the LED blinks on and off, it's not possible to see with our eyes. Increase the delay to above 200ms and you can easily see it blink.
Which language are you using?
Tahmid.

Hi,

The solution is to increase your delay, then it will be clearly visible to see led on and off. Another way is check voltage at the pins which is connected to LEDs, It will go high and low frequently.

NIKS

Hi,

Initially check to toggle the port bit in the program with some delay more than 100mA.
Check whether all port bits initialized as a o/p port. This you can check with TRIS resistor.

Regards
Chanchal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back