Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Easiest way to cotrol the speed of DC Motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tornado1

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
DC Motor

Hi

I need one high voltage DC Motor variable speed control.
I have a 3HP DC Motor.Whose field Volts are 200 DC & Armature Volts are 310 DC.
Can somebody tell me any easiest way to cotrol the speed of that DC Motor

DC Motor

If you are looking for a simple circuit, you may use a MOSFET, connected in series with an inductor, and a diode to bypass the current.

For higher performance controllers you may use a half-H or H bridge driver.

DC Motor

My Dear
Actually i have a control for this motor that one is not working that one consists on 3 High Amps SCR and 2 High Amps Diods high watt resistances and a small circuit to control speed. Its too much old and also i dont have circuit diagram for it. I just want somebody give me a circuit diagram that one should consists on SCR,s then i can do modification in my old circuit.
Thanks in Advance

DC Motor

tornado,
most SCR based DC motor control is woefully inefficient, has a crappy power factor and is usually supplied by an AC front end, switching the SCR at different points of the waveform to control the average DC to the armature. If that is the case, its a PWM at 2x line frequency. If its broken, I'd take the opportunity to go for a more efficient solution.

If you must repair it and its not that complex (it sounds a fairly simple circuit), redo the schematics as it stands, then repair it, so you or the person following you will not be back to the same problem as now, should it fail again. Trying to shoehorn the same parts for a different circuit is asking for trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back