Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

E Patch Antenna - Array - need to find design methodology

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuke072786

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
e-patch uhf antenna

I am trying to figure out how to design an E-Patch antenna array for part of a senior design project in HFSS. I've designed linearly polarized rectangular patches, and circularly polarized square patches and arrays but never an E patch.

What is a good starting place to find design methodology. I couldn't find much from Balanis, I've found some IEEE papers, but of course they leave out all the juicy details I want. Any suggestions would be wonderful.
Thanks.

Design Criteria:
824-894 Mhz
BW= 8.15%

Re: E Patch Antenna - Array

Well I'll answer my own question. There are 0 design equations or methodologies on how to create the described antenna. However there are several IEEE papers that present designs with specific dimensions for a given frequency band, but they do not describe how to design on for any given frequency band.
I was able to backwards engineer one of the patches from a paper I found and think I have some decent design rules to follow. If anyone becomes interested let me know.

Reactions: evyta

evyta

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: E Patch Antenna - Array

Added after 3 minutes:

im designing modified E shaped patch antenna , i go through all ieee paper published on E type antenna . but i didnt get any designing formula on E type antenna. if u can send me then it will be great helpful to me.

mymail id is
panda.asit@gmail.com

with prior thanks

asit

nuke072786 said:
Well I'll answer my own question. There are 0 design equations or methodologies on how to create the described antenna. However there are several IEEE papers that present designs with specific dimensions for a given frequency band, but they do not describe how to design on for any given frequency band.
I was able to backwards engineer one of the patches from a paper I found and think I have some decent design rules to follow. If anyone becomes interested let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back