Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dynamic link

Status
Not open for further replies.

WuEr

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all, I recently installed the dynamic link to do some design and encountered some problems:
1. If I turn off the ads, after clicking Tools-ADS Dynamic link, the message in CIW window reads that only one dynamic session is allowed to start. I need to restart the cadence to load the dynamic link. Is there any way to solve this?
2. Everytime I open a schematic, I need to click Launch-ADS Dynamic link. Is there any way to keep this menu on tool bar?
3. If I want to set some variables in my design and change them when simulating in ADS, I would click DynamicLink-Design Variables and set the variable. Then in ADS, if I try to get the variables, the hints reads that there is no variables? What's the right way to set up variables?
4.After I launching the ADS, the default path is in the file where I start Cadence. I have changed the IDF_ADS_PROJ_DIR in $HPEESOF_DIR/idf/config/idf.cfg , but it doesn't seem to work.

I will be appreciate if someone can help me in these problems!

One more problem added: I have two versions of ADS in my system, is there any way to change the different version of ADS in dynamic link? I have tried attentionally change the $HPEESOF_DIR to the version I want, but when the cadence was loaded, this variable changed to the install path of another version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back