Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dynamic Block Diagrams in Altium

Status
Not open for further replies.

mavericknm

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is there a way to generate, either manually or automatically, system block diagrams for schematics in Altium? Similar to the hierarchical sheet setup, I'd like to have blocks that I can click that take me to the appropriate sheets. More importantly, I'd like my "FPGA block" or "power supplies" to list the schematic page number and have that update dynamically if I change the order of my sheets in the project. Essentially I'd like to have the hierarchical functions in a flat design.

So maybe I would have a string with special text like =SheetNumber("C:\Altium\FPGA1.sch") where that string would display the sheet number of the FPGA1 schematic.

A similar analogy would be creating a table of contents much like in Microsoft Word. One where text fields can be cross referenced and updated accordingly.

I think I'm being confusing. I thought of a better example. Imagine I have an MCU on one page of my schematic but I like keeping it clutter free so I've placed the decoupling power caps on another page. I would now like to place some text that says "see decoupling caps on page X" where X is a page number that updates at compile time. Hope that makes sense. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back