Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DVI-D no display related to EDID header?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cksiang80

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
edid no display

I have a problem on DVI-D display. There is no display when connect a specify model of a LCD monitor to board.

EDID header format, byte 0~7 contains 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 respectively. On a monitor that has no display, it return 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF while on a good monitor with display, it returns 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 on oscilloscope.

When further zoom in, at the last falling edge of SCL (30%), the hold time of SDA line with reference to the SDA (70%) is
1. 2nS on board.
2. -210nS at monitor.

The hold time at board is small and propagation delay through monitor cable causing the the negative hold time at monitor receiving side.

I check the I2C spec, it state that the hold time at device should > 0nS. But i did not see any hold time specified for the driver/source.

Do we have spec for source?

What is the significant of EDID header? Does monitor based on the full header or particular byte to turn on the display on screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back