[SOLVED] DVB-T , Conax module dies. Overheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan_NL

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My Sony Bravia LCD has a build in adapter for a CI-cam as used for DVB-T. Now every ten months the CI-cam dies, I guess it overheats due to a design flaw :roll: Now I know that for CPU's there are numerous cooling options, but I cannot find a trick to solve it for a CAM.
Who knows if there are external adapters with fans, or heatsinks, available :idea: I selected this TV because I do not need an external receiver and a second remote... But if the CAM dies like this, I need to go back to that. Sony doesn't want to do anything ! :evil: I have two other TV's that [other make] :???: have the same type of cam's. They never have any problem.

Solved it ! After being stonewalled by the customerhelpdesk, some of my e-mails reached beyond the callcentre [outsourced]... The product manager admitted it was a mistake by Sony. I don't now if its exactly like this [the manager wasn't sure about technical details as well], but apparently DVB-T can be done in a score of different bandwiths and coding systems. The one used in the Netherlands doesn't go well together with my particular model of Sony Bravia LED. I bought it in 2008, together with a DVB-T kit by Sony, for 'Sony Bravia'. Only afterwards they discovered not all models would survive in the long run. After that they made a list of 'compatible models'. As these went out of production mid 2010, they dropped the list. So when I contacted them in 2012, nobody remembered... But Sony admitted now it was there mistake. And I get a brand new TV-set to replace the one I bought originally... :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…