Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] DVB-T , Conax module dies. Overheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan_NL

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My Sony Bravia LCD has a build in adapter for a CI-cam as used for DVB-T. Now every ten months the CI-cam dies, I guess it overheats due to a design flaw :roll: Now I know that for CPU's there are numerous cooling options, but I cannot find a trick to solve it for a CAM.
Who knows if there are external adapters with fans, or heatsinks, available :idea: I selected this TV because I do not need an external receiver and a second remote... But if the CAM dies like this, I need to go back to that. Sony doesn't want to do anything ! :evil: I have two other TV's that [other make] :???: have the same type of cam's. They never have any problem.

Solved it ! After being stonewalled by the customerhelpdesk, some of my e-mails reached beyond the callcentre [outsourced]... The product manager admitted it was a mistake by Sony. I don't now if its exactly like this [the manager wasn't sure about technical details as well], but apparently DVB-T can be done in a score of different bandwiths and coding systems. The one used in the Netherlands doesn't go well together with my particular model of Sony Bravia LED. I bought it in 2008, together with a DVB-T kit by Sony, for 'Sony Bravia'. Only afterwards they discovered not all models would survive in the long run. After that they made a list of 'compatible models'. As these went out of production mid 2010, they dropped the list. So when I contacted them in 2012, nobody remembered... But Sony admitted now it was there mistake. And I get a brand new TV-set to replace the one I bought originally... :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back