Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Duplex intercom scheme, need some help with micrphone/headphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

justToxing

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Rally Intercom Schematic.gif
Hey guys, i need your help.
I'm trying to make a duplex intercom from the scheme above, but I can't get it to work. For now, I only made the upper part of the scheme, which means I haven't connected the other LM380N yet. I wanted to try out if it works, and appearently it doesn't. I've checked it twice, everything is connected as it should be.
I was trying to use computer microphone and headphones, do you guys think it might be the reason?

You do not need a full duplex intercom when you use headphones. The circuit is designed to cancel acoustical feedback howling when you use loudspeakers.
The circuit is doing what it is supposed to do which is to cancel your voice from coming out of your loudspeakers (your headphones).

The original circuit is at www.redcircuits.com and your circuit also copies their backwards polarity of C4 and C14. You have capacitors C8 and C16 wrongly connected to the positive supply, instead they are supposed to be connected to ground but observe their correct polarity.

Status
Not open for further replies.