Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DTMF Problem Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgiro

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi i am a student working on a DTMF remote control device. I am using CM8870 decoder and am using a TP5089 to generate my DTMF.

i am attaching the original schematic that i have found on web, but different DTMF generator chip that i am using. The transmitter side of the first schematic is being prototyped right now. So i have the generator and decoder breadboarded.

First problem is that when i turn on the CM8870 all inputs are high and i am assuming that they are latched. When i take my tone out from the DTMF generator and put it in the input of my decoder nothing occurs when i close a switch? I do not understand why there is nothing occurring. I would appreciate any insight on the situation or if anyone has tried something similar to this.
thanks

Attachments

• 5.gif
    5.gif
    30 KB · Views: 89

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back