Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DTMF decoder does't work corretly

Status
Not open for further replies.

miro1024

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
DTMF decoder does't work correctly

Hi
(sorry for my poor english)
I use decoder DTMF HT9170d in my project. I connected my device to telephone line - it worked great when it was silence on the line. The problem occured when I was talking on the phone and tried send DTMF code at the same time- HT9170d didn't answer i mean it did not recognize any DTMF(any interrupt on STD pin). Also I connected sin generator on the line and changed frequency. If frequency was between
1,5kHz-2,1kHz decoder didn't answer, if frequency exceeded mentioned range decoder again worked properly.
What could be the problem? Thanks for any advice.

Last edited:

Re: DTMF decoder does't work correctly

According to the **broken link removed** the noise tolerance is only -12 dB. Is your speech level or sine generator output too high to allow detection of the DTMF tones? There's lots of discussion on this topic at EDAboard. See: problem with dtmf decoder ht9170b

Thanks for answer.
According to the HT9170D specs the noise tolerance is only -12 dB
If I correct convert the -12dB = 0,25. Does this mean the input singnal (speech or other noise) level should not be higher than 0,25 amplitude of DTMF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back