Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DSP with Matlab for Xilinx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayson

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a data file of a signal I captured on my oscilloscope, the data contains time and voltage for each measurement. Is it possible to import this text file into Matlab and create a DSP model that uses the data file as input and runs a filter algorithm on it and then somehow using SystemGenerator export that to a VHDL program and dump the whole filter to a Xilinx FPGA, so when a similar signal is encountered it will filter it in real-time properly?

- Jayson

You can import signal to workplace and use him in simulink model created with SystemGenerator. After generate VHDL for the FPGA. You can also generate TestBench from simulink model, and check work Your device after implementing the design in Xilinx.

Jayson said:
I have a data file of a signal I captured on my oscilloscope, the data contains time and voltage for each measurement. Is it possible to import this text file into Matlab and create a DSP model that uses the data file as input and runs a filter algorithm on it and then somehow using SystemGenerator export that to a VHDL program and dump the whole filter to a Xilinx FPGA, so when a similar signal is encountered it will filter it in real-time properly?

- Jayson

If the data file is in text format or binary format, you can import the data into Matlab using textio. Matlab textio works pretty much like C file I/O, as I remember. I used this feature years ago when I did my thesis. I had a similar situation that data were obtained from a test set.
VHDL textio package is fairly powerful.

rx300

Jayson said:

- Jayson

If the data file is in text format or binary format, you can import the data into Matlab using textio. Matlab textio works pretty much like C file I/O, as I remember. I used this feature years ago when I did my thesis. I had a similar situation that data were obtained from a test set.
VHDL textio package is fairly powerful.

rx300

is its possible one example is in matlab file exchange area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back