Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DSP is heating up too strongly

Status
Not open for further replies.

buenos

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
heating

i made a mistake:
i pulled out a connector, from a working circuit, which has a DSP (TMS320F2811).
since that, the DSP is heating up, wery strongly, when i turn on the circuit.
but, the DSP works well, the program runs, it responses to the outside world.
i turned off the circuit after some seconds, because i thought that it will die.

what is it? what causes it?
has the DSP gone wrong? or something else has?

Re: heating

Try to eliminate all other possibilities ..
For example, have you checked/measured the supply voltage?
Maybe you have a problem with voltage regulator(s) and the supply voltage is to high???
Regards,
IanP

heating

supply is OK.
that time, when it has gone wrong, another circuit has too: a power switch transistor, in the supply board. it turned to short circuit. i have replaced that, but it has no influence to the DSP, just to another circuit.
the short circuit fault: is this caused by an overvoltage? if yes, maybe the DSP has had an overvoltage in a signal pin too.

Added after 5 hours 8 minutes:

the 3.3V supply falled down to 3.27V, and the core regulator, the 1.8V reg does not heat. So there is a overcurrent, in the i/o voltage rail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back