Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DSP Applications Using C and the TMS320C6x DSK

Status
Not open for further replies.

photonix

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Newbie in DSP

Hello All,

I usually work with MCu.Now I want to start learning about Digital Signal Processing and Digital Signal Procesor. Can you give me some references, ebook, and links where I can start learning?

Thanks in advance

Re: Newbie in DSP

ok fine
first tell why u r going for the dsp? whr is u r application.then for that we can suggest the processor. or let us tell us abt wht u know abt dsp???

In my college we learn about Digital Signal processing theorically, we don't use any
tool. So I think I want try to implement some projects in Digital Signal Processor, like FFT. So I want to know what tools (softtware, book, Boards) do I Need to start.

Thanks in advance..

There are several books in this forum also look at some universities DSP course sites for lecture notes

Newbie in DSP

For Digital Signal processing, if u have a strong foundation of signals and systems, then start with Proakis or Oppenheim. If not, get "signals and systems" by oppenheim first. I usedTMS320VC5416 DSP proc for my lab exps.. The manual etc.. are available on edaboard.
Hope this helps
Abhi

Digital signal processing by Proakis is best for beginners . However a free ebook is also available which is also quite useful. " Engineers and Scientist Guide to DSP " ,please search google or our forum for this book.

Good luck !!!

You can try this book:

Digital signal processing - a practical approach, Emanuel Ifeachor

Also you can find useful things at www.analog.com

there is a book called "understanding digital signal processing", its a very book to start with.

I think I will start learning from Proakis Book and The Enginner's & Scientist Guide to DSP.

Thanks in advance

for dsp fundamentals u can refer --Emmanuel C. Ifeachor and Barrie W. Jervis

for dsp processor if u like to go tmsc6xxx u can refer---written for TMS320C6711 DSK from Rulph Chassing's book DSP
Applications Using C and TMS320C6x DSK on TMS320C6713 DSP

photonix said:
I think I will start learning from Proakis Book and The Enginner's & Scientist Guide to DSP.

Thanks in advance

Proakis is an excellent book...consider also signals and systems by Oppenheim ..both books give you confidence... DSP is a very interesting subject... remember that it's not mathematics, so be sure you understand what you're doing...

pixel said:
You can try this book:

Digital signal processing - a practical approach, Emanuel Ifeachor

Also you can find useful things at www.analog.com

a enthusiasm man! good luck!

Newbie in DSP

THE BEST BOOK I HAVE EVER SEEN IN THE FIELD OF ELEMENTERY DIGITAL SIGNAL PROC. IS THE BOOK BY OPPENHEIM AND SCHAFER.

FOR ADVANCED TOPICS SEE: ADVANCED DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING BY VASEGHI

ADAPTIVE FILTER THEORY BY SIMON HAYKIN IS FANTASTIC FOR LEARNING ADAPTIVE ALGOS

You can refer these books.
The Scientist and Engineer's Guide to Digital Signal Processing.

Digital Signal Processing and Applications with the C6713 and C6416 DSK (Topics in Digital Signal Processing)

DSP Applications Using C and the TMS320C6x DSK

Newbie in DSP

You should try reading Discrete-Time Signal Processing by Oppenheim. It's a great book.

Newbie in DSP

I think Oppenheim's book is the best.
try it.

Newbie in DSP

you can go to ti site it is a good refrence

Newbie in DSP

Friend, there are many posts on "How to learn DSP" in EDA. You can search the forum. I am sure you will get more answers for your search results. Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back