Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DS89C450 programming (again ? :P)

Status
Not open for further replies.
replaced crystal osc., checked Capacitors... everything seems ok :/

Added after 28 seconds:

but just the same problem as before

Hmmm there are a few ways to test it, but you'll need extra chips. If you have a 4040 or equivelent you can downclock your chip and blink an LED

chupos

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
well, k, gonna wait for the MAX233 to come and test it again then, thanks both for your help :)
Anyways I don't find any problem in my schematics...

Btw, have you checked your DS232 if it is really driven by the serial port, you can connect one into DTR I think and check it when you connect via hyperterminal if the pin state changes state on the TTL side.

If you use MTK and 11,0952MHz quarz the proper communication between PC and DS89C450/4.. can be established at 14,400bps.. so configure your serial port for that speed.

Before you try to establish communication DO NOT FORGET aboyt setting TARGET CONFIGURATION Flash Security to Level 1 (if you leave Level4 you will lock the security bits).
With all this done you can press CTR+L = connect to loader (or TARGET ...) and you will see the following:
DS89C450 LOADER VERSION 2.1 COPYRIGHT (C) 2002 DALLAS SEMICONDUCTOR<0D><0A>
> 89C450 LOADER VERSION 2.1 COPYRIGHT (C) 2002 DALLAS SEMICONDUCTOR
> R<0D><0A>
R<0D><0A>
LB:00 OCR:FF ACON:1F CKCON:01 P0:FF P1:FF P2:FF P3:FF FCNTL:B1<0D><0A>
>W CKCON 0<0D><0A>
W CKCON 0<0D><0A>
<0D><0A>
> W ACON E0<0D><0A>
W ACON E0<0D><0A>
<0D><0A>
> W OCR 0<0D><0A>