Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[51] DS89C450 ISP programming via MAX3232 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxpwny

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Wondering if anyone has used modules like this

[See next post]

in programming the Dallas/Maxim DS89C450 in their standard IPS circuit such as this

51_isp_01b.jpg

I had used regular through hole MAX232CPE with 1 uF caps in that circuit for ages. No problems with my DL software (I wrote it).

I recently bought several of those MAX3232 modules to try to simplify my designs. I had to adapt the module to use DTR.
I can tx/rx normally, and the DTR change during programming does toggle the reset (and other) lines just fine. It looks like the communication during the initial DL process gets garbled.

I normally run at 115200 w/o troubles, and have always had my SW automatically drop to 38400 for the download. That worked fine in the past.

I removed the LEDs from the module, and it still is a bit quirky. I was able to DL once with it, out of 20 attempts.

My analog troubleshooting skills are a bit lacking.

It would appear I missed the window to edit the post. A search of the page reveals no "edit".

s-l400b.jpg

s-l400.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.