Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

driving an FET using PWM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

disenteako

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pwm fet

Hi! I have a project which consists of a buck converter that needs to drive an NMOS or a PMOS using a PWM output from a microcontroller. The problem is the PWM output of the microcontroller has a 0V to 5V range which is not enough to properly turn on and off the FET given a FET Vin of 16V-20V. What FET driver or FET gate driver can you suggest to solve my problem? Thanks.

disenteako

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
driving fet

Very nice. Thank you very much!!! : )

driving a fet

Follow up...

I'm having trouble making my buck converter work. I've already used this

**broken link removed**

After computing the inductor and capacitor values, I still can't get a decent output on my circuit using Multisim.

Basically, I just want to output 12 Volts given an input voltage of 20 Volts using a MOSFET in a buck converter. My FET works properly but the Voltage output after the inductor and capacitor values aren't. Any suggestions?

multisim pwm

posting a schematic might help..

but did you put a load resistor in parallel with your output capacitor? sometimes you need to pull a little current to get the thing working right. pick value based on simple equation:

R = Vout/Iout

make sure your current is appropriate for the size of your converter.

Mr.Cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back