[SOLVED] driving a relay (5v supply)

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Javid.zare.s

hi, I was planning to drive a relay for a small ldr project but I don't know why the relay does not turns on
the voltage is only 5 volt for now and I'm planning for 9v for later( if it don't blow 547)
is this voltage too low for relay operation? when I ordered the relay (black small one) they claim that it's 6v relay, ive tried to turn it on with 14v but nothing , it only shorts down my ps
**broken link removed**
my relays :

Hi,

You are asking a quite general question.

--> There are countless questions and answers on how to drive a relay. Here in the forum and even more in the internet.
I´m sure you easily find them by doing a search.
Or even simpler: Hit one of the links in the box below "similar threads"

Especially for the used relay: read the datasheet, it contains all necessary informations.

After trying to find a sloution on your own you are welcom to ask a more detailed question.
For this please give link to the internet page you refer to, post (a link to ) the datasheet(s), tell us your ideas.
A photo of your circuit could also be useful.

Klaus

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

yep, I found that out. I searched before posting new thread but I couldn't find out the wiring diagram of my relay.

yep, I found that out. I searched before posting new thread but I couldn't find out the wiring diagram of my relay.

Use your multimeter to identify the two pins that has the solenoid. Set the multimeter to resistance, when you can measure a small resistance (a few ohms) then you know where the solenoid is, and the reminder of the pins would be your contacts.

Or google the part number "JZC-22F" and you will find the datasheet

https://www.jameco.com/Jameco/Products/ProdDS/144186.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…