Driver implementation for a modular SG DMA IP of Altera FPGA ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hcu

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

This question correctly relates to this thread, I believe

I am writing a driver c code for altera fpga modular scatter gather DMA. where i have to decide the number of descriptors (that contains read address, write address, length of transfer and control field) and then i have to pass these descriptors to a list(may be linked list) using HAL API's given in the driver code (c file that is available in sdk bsp).

some how i have to use these below API's(these api function calls given in attached file) to perform successful data transfer from one place to other .

alt_msgdma_construct_prefetcher_std_descriptor();
alt_msgdma_construct_preftecher_std_mm_to_mm_descriptor();
alt_msgdma_prefetcher_add_std_desc_to_list();
alt_msgdma_prefetcher_set_std_list_own_by_hw_bits();
alt_msgdma_start_prefetcher_with_list_addr();
alt_msgdma_start_prefetcher_with_std_desc_list();

I think it needless to describe about hardware configuration(qsys soc integration) and all here. i am attaching both given driver file and the application file(upto what i written). please someone go through and show me the way. intel fpga forum(former altera forum) is horrible now , many of you know that.

In the given application file, i have taken 3 descriptors and want to pass these 3 to a single list and then use other following api's to do a data transfer. but i am failing

Regards,
Anil

Attachments

• altera_msgdma.c.txt
    59.4 KB · Views: 141
  • altera_msgdma.h.txt
    21.5 KB · Views: 60
  • app.c.txt
    9.1 KB · Views: 93

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…