Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Drawing wire on an arbitrary surface on FEKO 5.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

peleda

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
feko 5.4

Hi there - I have a cylinder, and I want to draw a wire / line on the surface of the cylinder. The wire is placed on the cylindrical section, with the edge touching the face.

Doing this on the symmetrical plane of the surface is easy - I know the diameter of the circle.
How do I exactly place a wire on any point of the circular surface, and then place a port between the vertex of the wire and the face of the cylinder.

Thanks,

Seems your main problem is just getting a point on the surface. Once the line is drawn making the port is easy. You can use the workplane - put it on the cylinder's axis. Set the grid spacing equal to the radius of the cylinder and then snap to grid.

Just interesting - what is the final application of such wire? It seems it will intersect with cylinder - is it OK?

Thanks everyone.
i finally got.
- I meshed the cylinder
- clicked on "show mesh vertices"
- Change to "snap to mesh vertex"
- then i drew my wire on the mesh vertex.
- I remeshed before simulating

The only problem is that the vertices are at wierd / irregular points. So i cannot get a nice good integer location.

I am kind of doing an antenna placement analysis. I am comparing field patterns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back