Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Drawing Symmetric Octagonal Inductor in ADS Momentum manually

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbeyromy

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I need some help in ADS Momentum Tool.

I want to draw symmetric octagonal geometry in ADS momentum using a set of coordinates that I have for Number of turns as 4.

I explored path and polygon function in Momentum but was not sure how I can create the attached (octagonal_top.jpg) geometry.

What I was doing in HFSS was to draw a polyline and draw a rectangle at its orgin and then just "sweep the path" so that my polygon gets completed. But in ADS the DRAW POLYGON fucntion creates a solid filled
geometry and the PATH function by default starts from the middle of specified co-ordinate ( this ruins my calculation for predicting coordinates)

What I want to do in Momentum is to draw the shape as specified in the octagonal_top.jpg. I want to have the ability to draw a ployline and then specify the thickness of it and then kind of sweep this thickness to entire polyline. Is this possible?

Please guide me any links for drawing octagonal spiral inductor in ADS as well if possible.

Thanks for all the help

Hemanshu

Attachments

• Octagonal_top.jpg
    Octagonal_top.jpg
    424 KB · Views: 76

One option I though that will work was increasing the thickness of "polyline".

I selected the polyline and then
Add the following property:

Property Name: line_thickness_prop
Value: 10
Type: Integer
Default units for layout has been set as um
Though there was visible increase in thickness but then when i measured by "measure" option it was not able to detect its thickness. I used the same 10 um and inserted
"PATH" for same thickness and was able to measure it.

Can somebody please help me draw the geometry in ADS.

Thanks

Hemanshu

Please reply if anybody has any idea on this

-Hemanshu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back