Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

doubts related to ie3d

Status
Not open for further replies.

sameerccs11

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello all of you
this time i want to ask that what is the role of AEC LAYER
i have designed an antenne, i m getting gain uptu 11.50 dbi and return loss of -23
but i have not used any AEC layer in this design.

my second question is what is the criteria of selecting cells per "wavelength". in my simulation of antenna its taking almost 6 hours to complete the simulation when i m seeting the cell per wavelenghth "20" and frequency is 3.
plz anybody clear my doubts

regards sameer

Please note that I am a normal user, having no knowledge on the internal of IE3D.

Based on what I read and learned:
You need to have "AEC Layer" >=1 to enable using Automatic Edge Cell. Unless the structure consistly mainly of wire (i.e. tranverse dimension less than wavelength/20, e.g.), AEC would give better accuracy because of the higher current density at the edge. For wire, the current density is more uniform along the transverse dimension.

I think you can find guideline for setting the "cells per-wavelength" in the manual of IE3D. Unless the memory is an issue, I always start with a minimum of 20 cells per-wavelength. I would also get the result at other (say 40) cells per-wavelength and compare. If your problem takes 6 hours, tell us 1) the size of your antenna in terms of wavelength; 2) whether IE3D give you any warning (e.g. it detects small geometrical features that is unlikely to affect the result?).

thanx buddy for your reply but i have another doubt related to meshing scheme. which scheme i should set "contemperary or classical".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back