Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Doubts regarding transformer connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kick

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hiii guys,

Now I am working on Energy meter project. So in that project I need to measure Voltage and current. Voltage measurement circuit is shown below,what I did is used a step-down transformer(230V to 9V) and secondary of transformer connected to CH1 of microcontroller (PIC18F87J72 CH1 is using for voltage measurement) through a rectifier and voltage divider circuit. Same transformer is using for Power supply,connected to bridge rectifier and regulators. Is it a good idea or should I add one more transformer ?????

Attachments

• aa.png
    aa.png
    63.7 KB · Views: 56

Hi

I would suggest to use another secondary winding to connect to your rectifier circuit.

If you have an available secondary winding on your current transformer, reuse this one.

otherwise another transformer if you have space in your design

Not yet started the design,So I can add 1 more transformer. The problem is still I am searching for small size,thru-hole transformer. Found some good products in Digikey,Mouser etc....but all are non-stock. :thumbsdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back