Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

doubt regarding lumped RLC modelling in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ankesh Garg

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to model the off state of a pin diode acting as a switch between two sections in my design. Should i make rectangle sheet touching both the sections and in the boundary select the lumped RLC and then use the proper value?? also does the current line indicate the direction of the bias current?

please help regarding my queries

Thanks.

-Ankesh

it is a good aproximation to start in such away.you first need the equivalent rlc model for the diode. it is different in on tand off state

asturias said:
it is a good aproximation to start in such away.you first need the equivalent rlc model for the diode. it is different in on tand off state

I am agree with you, however, is it possible to use a rlc circuit or use its two-port S parameters directly in HFSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back