Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dot Matrix With EEPROM

Status
Not open for further replies.

dev_shr

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have successfully made 8X16 scrolling dot matrix which can scroll only 6 capital alphabets. Then i added an EEPROM to increase the number of character. I am successful to write the characters to EEPROM but when i scroll those characters from EEPROM flickering occurs. I even checked by increasing the refresh rate (i have scanned each column in 1ms) but flickering still occurs. I have attached both of my works. You have to press Esc key after you type your alphabets in virtual terminal. Can anyone please suggest me any thing?

Attachments

• DOT MATRIX.rar
    16.8 KB · Views: 77

why you don`t post the source so we can trace your bugs?
do you already try the circuit in real world?

Yes i tested the circuit in real world also. I am attaching my codes also, hope you could help me.

Attachments

• program.txt
    9.8 KB · Views: 81

I think, reading the EEPROM in the timer interrupt isn't a good idea. You would want to read it in the main loop and transfer the data through memory locations between main and interrupt.

I think, reading the EEPROM in the timer interrupt isn't a good idea. You would want to read it in the main loop and transfer the data through memory locations between main and interrupt.

Yes i also think its a good idea. But do i need to have any buffer or it works with normal hardware?
can you please tell me how to transfer the read data through memory location between main and interrupt???

Last edited:

I have successfully made 8X16 scrolling dot matrix which can scroll only 6 capital alphabets. Then i added an EEPROM to increase the number of character. I am successful to write the characters to EEPROM but when i scroll those characters from EEPROM flickering occurs. I even checked by increasing the refresh rate (i have scanned each column in 1ms) but flickering still occurs. I have attached both of my works. You have to press Esc key after you type your alphabets in virtual terminal. Can anyone please suggest me any thing?

can u post hear sch ... ????

Status
Not open for further replies.