Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DOT MATRIX-time share limitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahat

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i hv made a setup for a 8x8 dot matrix. i want to increase the no. of 8x8dot matrix block with the same microcontroller.but the problem is, as we know ,we hv to time share in dot matrix,if the no. of rows increase, the time alloted to one row will decrease,as a result,the brightness of row will decrease.how can i approach to maintain the same brightness but increase rows of led(dot matrix block)?

you have to increase led current proportional the decrease of time share to maintain brightness on longer rows

rahat

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thnx for the reply.

plz mention the procedures to incr the current to the leds ,if possible.(my leds are connected to microcontroller through buffer(ic 4050),no resistance inbetween)

put higher voltage to the leds to increase current, add current limiting resistors to be safe

rahat

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hi,
i thnk, the buffer wl limit the current though i incr vlt. so,when the no. of row is large ,then we wl get much less on time for each row,so it (incr vlt)might nt be the soln.is thr any other way?plz mention.

regards..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back