Does there exist one USB to multi-RS232 converter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bittware

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
multi rs232 spi converter

Hello experts,
Here I have several RS232 legacy peripherals, but my computer only provides one USB port, one serial port. So I intend to seek a converter that can hub multi-RS232 port into single USB interface.
I want to know if there exsit ready-made product that fulfill such function.
If not, is it possible to make such a device by myself?

Thanks your suggestion and given clue.

www.21ic.com (in china) have a rs232-usb converter schematic:

Yes I had a custumer some years ago ,He needed a 4 port serial USB adapter .He was able to buy a commercial solution ..Now is true i haven't seen one in a typical computer shop. So i expect to find those products being sold INDUSTRIAL ELECTRONICS supply companies .. otherwise
you can buy four simple USB-> RS232 and use a HUB . probably it will be cheaper

Silicon Laboratories have a RS232<->USB, the CP2101, Single Chip USB to UART Bridge. The CP2101 does not need external resistors or crystal.

**broken link removed**

FT2232C Dual USB UART / FIFO

The FT2232C is the 3rd generation of FTDI?s popular USB UART / FIFO I.C. family. This device features two Multi-Purpose UART / FIFO controllers which can be configured individually in several different modes. As well as a UART interface, FIFO interface and Bit-Bang IO modes of the 2nd generation FT232BM and FT245BM devices, the FT2232C offers a variety of additional new modes of operation, including a Multi-Protocol Synchronous Serial Engine interface which is designed specifically for synchronous serial protocols such as JTAG and SPI bus.

Reactions: exnol

exnol

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.