Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does the generic Jlink V8 or Ulin 2 really support STM32F407 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rprodrigues

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Last edited:

Issues concerning support and compatibility are always tenuous at best when dealing with any "clone" programmer/debugger.

It largely depends on the specific clone and its revision.

I can tell you the genuine J-Link does fully support all of the STM32 devices, including the STM32F407, as I personally own several genuine J-Links.

If the application of the J-Link is purely educational, Segger sells their commercial J-Link units at a greatly reduced price, less than 50 Euros, under an educational program:

J-Link EDU

I can also say I have seen evidence that Segger has begun Blacklisting serial numbers used by various manufactures of cloned J-Links which prevent the units from upgrading to the most recent revisions of firmware and software.

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back