Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does the battery protection circuitry work automatically within this Li-Ion charger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sossos

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to use the STNS01 Li-Ion Charger/LDO regulator in my circuit for its protection circuitry including overcurrent, overdischarge, overcharge, and over temperature circuitry. However, I can't understand from the datasheet whether it requires you to apply logic levels in order to disconnect the battery during fault conditions. There is a CHG pin that toggles during a fault condition, and you can control the CEN (charger enable) and SD (shutdown) pins. The operation descriptions seem to say that the battery is automatically disconnected during a fault, so I'm confused about whether I really would need to apply logic to CEN and SD. Here is the datasheet: https://www.st.com/st-web-ui/static/active/en/resource/technical/document/datasheet/DM00085223.pdf

I haven't been able to get a clear answer about this, I'd appreciate some help... :bang:

Status
Not open for further replies.