Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does Keil uVision support uc's with 512 Bytes ram:?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

faraj

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
keil uvision l107

hi everybody.
I have developed a kit with 89C52 using Keil uVision. now i want to to add another application to this kit controlled with the same uc. so i need more ram (more than 256 bytes). so i decided to use 89C52RC that have 512 Bytes of Ram. this uc is on the library of Keil but it seems that keil does not support this uc's specific instructions to use whole 512 bytes of it's ram because I have the same Error as on 89C52 telling me:

ERROR L107: ADDRESS SPACE OVERFLOW
SPACE: IDATA
SEGMENT: ?ID?File_name
LENGHT: 00A0H (I think this is the amount of ram that I need)

and I'm using this version of Keil:

uVision2 V2.10
C Compiler: C51 V6.10
Linker/locator: BL51 V4.03
Simulation DL: S8051.DLL V2.10

do I needd a higher version of Keil or C Compiler? or something else?
please help me with this problem. thanks in advance.[/b]

keil uvision - polish

The extra 256 bytes are presumably XRAM, i.e. you will have to explicitly declare the variables that use it as XDATA.

/Ram

faraj

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
keil error l107

XNOX_Rambo said:
The extra 256 bytes are presumably XRAM, i.e. you will have to explicitly declare the variables that use it as XDATA.
thanks so much.

yah after 128 bytes all data bytes are accses by indiret addressing......
ifew year before i have use philips 89c51RD+ contain 1000 bytes of memory it works fine ....
but you have to reconfigure some settings
so if u have any problem let me know ill send you the code

drbizzarow said:
yah after 128 bytes all data bytes are accses by indiret addressing......
ifew year before i have use philips 89c51RD+ contain 1000 bytes of memory it works fine ....
but you have to reconfigure some settings
so if u have any problem let me know ill send you the code
thanks for your attention. you are right, I have some problems with my code. sometimes i have the wrong data when i read from 256 byte extra ram and I was looking for the problem but no result for now. I don't know which settings you are talking about? please help me with that settings, and of course the code will help me much more. thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.