Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does changing the FR4 substrate to silicon can improve bandwidth of bowtie antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sugart

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am currently designing a bowtie antenna tat has been uploaded for ur view...i am using FR 4 substrate because of its low cost...and copper as the coating...does changing the substrate like silicon and changing the coating as quartz which is more expensive widens the bandwidth of this antenna or having a chance of decreasing the size of the antenna?

fr-4 substrate

I have not looked at your picture (no ppt-capable programs at this machine) but in general
questions like these can be answered well by simulations. You set up your model once and then
just change the material parameters.

If you do not have access to any commercial software there are plenty of open source programs
you could use.

fr4 substrate

Yeah can use software to see but the thing is i don have much time coz my presentation is this week...and i hope anyone can help me in answering this question

fr4 substrate catalog

Sorry, not enough experience with antenna. But depending on the complexity
of the model 2-3 hours with software you understand reasonably well may be enough.

fr4 substrates

I have modeling some bowtie antennas but these one is very diferent. It's like inverted. The Er of the pcb modify the size of the antenna.FR4 Er is about 4.5 but for the simulation you must know the real value for that you are using.As biggest Er littler size.You may use anyone modeling software with 2D capabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back