Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does anyone know where to buy testing equiments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamadog

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am helping my professor to look for some electrical testing equipments. I need a little help on which website should I go if you guys know any, probably a cheap and reliable website if possible. thank you very much.

Here are some of the equipments that I am looking for:
HP 34401A (Multimeter)
HP 33120A (Function generator)
HP 54602B (Oscilloscope)
HP E3630A (Triple output power supply)
HP E3631A (Triple output power supply)

Specify your country.
Did you search there?

Are you looking for new or used? If new, I would call your local HP/Agilent dealer. Since you are ordering these for a school, I would bet they would be pretty aggressive on pricing.

Agilent (Used to be HP) website: https://www.agilent.com

TraceRouter said:
Are you looking for new or used? If new, I would call your local HP/Agilent dealer. Since you are ordering these for a school, I would bet they would be pretty aggressive on pricing.

Agilent (Used to be HP) website: https://www.agilent.com

When I compared those on ebay to some other place, the price in ebay is much cheaper (used on ebay). I am just wondering if you have any experience with ebay? I just want to look for something that is not defect and with a reasonable price.

These auction sites do not certify the conditions of items. It is just what the seller thinks and very likely honestly thinks. If they do not have these devices calibrated by a test laboratory they do not know if they have been used so thoroughly that they will probably fail in the near future. One of my friends bought a function generator from an auction site. It only worked over some of the frequency range. He is not complaining because the price was so low and the working ranges are all that he needs.

Hi,

My friend had an same experience other day,when he ordered for some thumbdrive in eBay.

While your booking for some product,they will inform you about the days of delivery,nevertheless the delivery won't happen on the date there are supposed to.

Moreover they will charge you more for the extra days giving some reasons...Later
if you have some problem in the device,they seldom respond immediately.

Calling your dealer/distributor is the ideal way of buying any equipments,they will also respond to your call.

Regards

Ramesh

If you are a hobbiest and you need to buy some test equipment, then I would say go for eBay. However, for a company or a school I would stay away from there for test equipment for the exact reason that flatulent mentioned.

Do you have any electronics companies in the area where your school is? I know where I work, we donate older test equipment that we are no longer using to the local college (If they want it).

Hello,there are some testing equiments and maybe give some help to you.

please see the website below and maybe you could find some useful imformation for you.

www.roweel.com

Thanks all for the help. Does anyone know where I can find a 4-point probe station? I am looking for the stage, the probe and the manipulators. Is there any websites that are selling all these things? I really have never actually look at these things before and have no idea where to look for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back