Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does anyone know the input impedance of a television tuner module ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Externet

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all.
As titled, what is the input impedance ?
Is there any impedance chart/plot of any ATSC modern television tuner antenna input that you may let me know/refer/link to ?
Or any ATSC tuner module schematic diagram, please ?

Hello all.
As titled, what is the input impedance ?
Is there any impedance chart/plot of any ATSC modern television tuner antenna input that you may let me know/refer/link to ?
Or any ATSC tuner module schematic diagram, please ?

TV tuners have been always designed to match the input line impedance over the full bandwidth. I have not seen manufacturers' specifications but most VHF, UHF and new "digital" tuners offer low-noise operation over a full bandwidth, even with a long antenna cable is connected. Thus I would say the input impedance match is close to perfect.

If you have a wideband signal generator, you can try to measure input impedance deviation using a variable impedance circuit (tuner).

Tuner schematics may be available by Google as there were many designs of simple spectrum analyzers with tuners as receivers. I used many old tuners for VHF/UHF projects but the new types use LO synthesizers an other features and a diagram is difficult to find.

Thanks.
With my spectrum analyzer I have tracked many peaks and valleys from 26 Ω to 88 Ω along the receiving span, measuring every 10MHz; but larger/lower readings may be hiding in between samples.

Matching 75Ω over the full bandwidth does not make much sense. Impedance is tied to a frequency, or perhaps at several points, but not wideband.

Let me know if you find something. Tuner module data sheets I have seen are inconclusive.

Thanks.
With my spectrum analyzer I have tracked many peaks and valleys from 26 Ω to 88 Ω along the receiving span, measuring every 10MHz; but larger/lower readings may be hiding in between samples.

Matching 75Ω over the full bandwidth does not make much sense. Impedance is tied to a frequency, or perhaps at several points, but not wideband.

Let me know if you find something. Tuner module data sheets I have seen are inconclusive.

TV Tuner modules have always 75 Ohm input impedance during whole band ( 30MHz-900MHz).I don't know how you have done impedance measurements with a spectrum analyzer but this 75 Ohm impedance ( or -10 to -15dB Retrun Loss ) is compulsory in according to CENELEC and other related standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back