Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

does 175kohm resistor exist

Status
Not open for further replies.

denian

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
if it doesnt, what is the closest value of resistance to 175kohm.
tqvm.

175k does not exist. You may use 174k 1%, 174k or 176k 0.1%.

denian

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
If you absolutley need 175 K on the money (can't see why) you can use the next lowest value. Then use a trim pot in series (of the proper size) to zero it in. A 15 turn pot would get you as close as you want. Typically you should design your circuits with standard values in mind but obviously for some stuff like filters it's easier to go with what you have for capacitors for example and then match the resistors up to those values.

denian

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
tq. i have another question.

if i use a series of resistors which combined to get 175kiloohm, will it have any way affecting the circuit?

No it will not except if your circuit is a high frequency device where choice of technology in resistor and potmeter might influence on performance, i.e. using wirewounded devices can introduce stray L's and C's which you most possible do not want.

Regards
Vidar (Z)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back