Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Do you have any idea about the market share of ARM based microcontroller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theasus

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm curious about the market share of ARM based microcontroller(Texas,NXP,ST,Atmel.....). Because I believe that it could be very good to choose the
best option for developers' plan.

Could you propose any information or graphs?

Thanks.

arm.com tells
Today ARM technology is used in more than 95% of the world’s mobile handsets and over one-quarter of all electronic devices.

Actually I want to know "Which ARM based microcontroller vendor are preferred commonly by customers?Is it TI ,NXP,ST,Atmel or any other company?"

As I understand, this answer is not obvious.Maybe vendors know the market share.

Actually I want to know "Which ARM based microcontroller vendor are preferred commonly by customers?Is it TI ,NXP,ST,Atmel or any other company?"

I suspect the answer depends heavily on the final application. All the various ARM families have the features and price point which make it a viable solution for a particular application. Although, I would imagine the various ARM lines used in cell/smart phones, by the sheer number of phones produced, hold a large share of the market.

And it should also be noted the actual ARM architecture is owned and licensed by ARM, Ltd. All the vendors you mentioned are licensees of the ARM architecture.

BigDog

Reactions: FvM

FvM

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back