Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Do polysilicon resistor have flicker noise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

776ft

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
resistor low frequency noise

How to characterize the flicker noise of polysilicon resistor?
are there any papers or books I can turn to?

Thanks

flicker noise resistor

776ft said:

Thanks

Yes they do,

Here few papers that may be of help.

[1] S.L.Jang, "A model of I/f noise in polysilicon resistors", Solid-State Electronics, Vo1.33, No.9, pp.1155-1162, 1990.
[2]O.Roux dit Buisson and G. Monn, "Flicker Noise Characterization of Polysilicon Resistors in Submicron CMOS Technologies", in proceedings of IEEE 1997 Int. Conference on Microelectronics Test Structures, Vol 10, March 1997.
[3]K.M. Chen, G.W. Huang, D.Y. Chiu, H.J. Huang and C.Y. Chang," Analysis of low-frequency noise in boron-doped polycrystalline silicon germanium resistors", Appl Phys Lett 81 (14) (2002), pp. 2578-2580.
[4]Brederlow, R.; Weber, W.; Dahl, C.; Schmitt-Landsiedel, D.; Thewes, R., "Low-frequency noise of integrated polysilicon resistors," Electron Devices, IEEE Transactions on , vol.48, no.6, pp.1180-1187, Jun 2001

A book that may give u some help is

Electronic noise and interfering signals By Gabriel Vasilescu, Published by Springer, 2005

Btw modern simulators do simulate flicker noise, they may have a model for poly silicon resistors that will reference to some book or paper they use..thats a good point to start also.

poly resistor 1/f noise

Thanks Soben,

I saw their expression for flick noise of a resistor is

Vn²=Vbias²×0.5×10e9/(WLf)
which Vbias is the voltage difference across the resistor, W and L is the dimension parameter of the resistor, is that right?

Soben said:
776ft said:

Thanks

Yes they do,

Here few papers that may be of help.

[1] S.L.Jang, "A model of I/f noise in polysilicon resistors", Solid-State Electronics, Vo1.33, No.9, pp.1155-1162, 1990.
[2]O.Roux dit Buisson and G. Monn, "Flicker Noise Characterization of Polysilicon Resistors in Submicron CMOS Technologies", in proceedings of IEEE 1997 Int. Conference on Microelectronics Test Structures, Vol 10, March 1997.
[3]K.M. Chen, G.W. Huang, D.Y. Chiu, H.J. Huang and C.Y. Chang," Analysis of low-frequency noise in boron-doped polycrystalline silicon germanium resistors", Appl Phys Lett 81 (14) (2002), pp. 2578-2580.
[4]Brederlow, R.; Weber, W.; Dahl, C.; Schmitt-Landsiedel, D.; Thewes, R., "Low-frequency noise of integrated polysilicon resistors," Electron Devices, IEEE Transactions on , vol.48, no.6, pp.1180-1187, Jun 2001

A book that may give u some help is

Electronic noise and interfering signals By Gabriel Vasilescu, Published by Springer, 2005

Btw modern simulators do simulate flicker noise, they may have a model for poly silicon resistors that will reference to some book or paper they use..thats a good point to start also.

resistor flicker noise

Yes that is correct.

Sorry for the late reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back