Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Do I need RedHat for EDA tools ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hong_vito

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
eda tool

I install eda tool in SUSE.
It can not work
I have to install RedHat ?

Re: eda tool

I install DC & PT

hi,
pls install redhat 7.3 or 8.0, you can try all syn@psys tools and cadence tools, I have tried all. everything is OK except simulation tool.

eda tool

Yes, VCS is just suitable for redhat 7.2 or vesion before 7.2.

eda tool

I installed DC, PT, Formality, IC5033, SoC Encounter and Modelsim in RedHat7.3, and all is Ok!

eda tool

I'm using Debian Sarge with many Cadence's tools i.e. IC5033, LDV5.0, Assura3.1.2 and I believe others will work fine too. Hspice and Cosmos Scope from Synopsys also work well but they complained some libraries were missing. In my case are libtix, libap40 and libstdc++ which I can search and install all from google.

Don't worry too much about Linux disto. You can use any disto for EDA if you know how to deal with it. But if you don't want to spend too much time to learn on Linux OS. You can savely choose RedHat or Mandrake as you choice.

unitied linux and redhat are mainsteam linux OS

I install DC and PT in Redhat 8.0, anything is ok!

You need install ncurses4 package before you install DC under RH7.x and RH8.x.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back