Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Do I need a feed network when used two port (coax probe) for Circular polarization?

Status
Not open for further replies.

huytergan

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I used two coax probe to feed my patch antenna on CST; they're perpendicular to each other. There's no connection between the probes. For axial ratio, two broadband simulations I got, one 'farfield broadband [1]' and other is 'farfield broadband [2]'. Their gains are same. (So sounds circular to me). However, Axial ratio vs freq plot is same with when the only one port used and simulated. Highly suspected that CST only considers the one port, not both. In such a case, do we usually need a feed network? Or any way possible to browse both monitors since it only browse 'farfield broadband [1]' or 'farfield broadband [2]' at once.

Hope that explained well. Appreciated in advance for any kind of help.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back