Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Do anyone know how to measure bandwidth using MultiSim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lkk_steven

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
multisim ac analysis bandwidth

i am wondering how to measure the bandwidth of my system,let's say if i am given 741 op-amp, how can i measure the operating bandwidth of it using MultiSim? Which tool should i use? Bode plotter?

Thank you.

how to find 3db bandwidth using multisim

I am not sure if there is a tool which will show you the bandwidth directly. However, you can run "AC analysis" and set the vertical scale to be in decibels. Measure the 3 dB drop using the cursor.

Hi,

Multisim version 9 lets you run an AC analysis, and use cursors to measure bandwidth, just like you would in the lab. You can also attach a bode analyzer to your circuit, and use cursors that way.

I found out that you can also right click on the cursors and choose "set Y-value" or something, and they will automatically go to the frequency where that Y value appears.

Altough the default scale is Volts/Volt on the Y axis for an AC analysis, you can change this to decibals in the properties for that left axis.

Happy simulating!

EDA_fan
i am wondering how to measure the bandwidth of my system,let's say if i am given 741 op-amp, how can i measure the operating bandwidth of it using MultiSim? Which tool should i use? Bode plotter?

Thank you.

make ac analysis from simulation menu.
for example (default values) 1Hz-1Gz.
but before this you must give the input and output and referances' node numbers in ac analysis menu.and for this you must open node numbers to see.
after ac analysis 2 graphs you will see. Amplitute-frequency graph is your bode diagram. you will see that the magnitute is decreasing in very small and high frequencies. for the band with in Hz you must click x-y button at the top in graph viewer.than you will see the magnitude. we know that cut off frequencies is at -3dB and this equals to 0.707 of the magnitude. with this you will find lower and higher cut off frequency values. and bandwith is higher cut off frequency- lower cut off frequency.
thats it.not so hard. only ac analysis...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back