Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Do all 802.11 transceiver modules have equalizers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsonwong

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
equalization for 802.11

Do all 802.11 transceiver modules (like a wireless network card) have equalizers to correct for channel distortions? If yes, are the equalization algorithms typically implemented using DSP or just an MCU? Thanks

Re: equalization for 802.11

These cards all use chip sets from a few IC companies. I do not think that there is any equalization in the sense used in telephone modems. Some of them contain a time domain feature called RAKE which is a sort of equalization which takes the multipath signal components and adds them with a time delay. They have three "fingers" at most.

I think for 802.11b, a decision feedback equalizer is used for channel equalization, as for 802.11a/g, one-tap equalization in frequency domain is good enough since it's OFDM-based.

what about 802.11i/h??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back