Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DIY Moving Message Display

Status
Not open for further replies.
how i can build a display PLs help me?

Thanx

Added after 9 minutes:

can any body plz give me complete hardware & source codes with Keyboard interface moving mesg display with avr???

Thanx

Hello

This is very interesting project. It is probably the best free signboard that can be found on the internet. Author is mr. Voja Antonic and it was published in the magazine PC Press, year 1995. Program is written in assembler. PC keyboard is used for text input. Memory is 7422 characters. Also it is possible to connect with PC thru serial port.

There is some extra function like scrolling text from up to down, from down to up, left - right, right - left, freezing text, blinking text, some graphic effects, and it is not everything. It has also time, date and temperature in celsius and farenhite.

Schematic is NOT WORKING with this software so it would be very good if somebody familiar with assembler can study the code and redraw schematic. All comments are in serbian and I can translate if needed.

I contact the author but he could not help me because it is very old project.

I hope someone can do something with this.

Regards

is alot of programming knowledge required for this?

I really can't say. Code is very optimized but maybe some simulator can be used to see what is happening on ports of 8031. Just an idea, I'm not sure.

I think it just wasting of time because some should have great knowledge and alots of time to sea into it.

Hi all

Some body Help me...
how to controll matrix led with AT89s51 with animation and Rs232 control

thanx.

hi to all!

im a new member to this site,im trying to work on a moving message using pic16f84a/pic16F877a.im using a dual color 5x7 dot matrix.i need a help on how to create a program using micro C.the idea of the project is it displays a running message but you can edit the message embeded to it.can any one help me!:cry:

Thank you Cyril, i will download you file and i hope that this will solve our problems regarding moving sign display.

Added after 3 minutes:

Hi all have anyone build a moving sign display with 89s52 with keyboard.

can any bedy help me desiging 16x80 led matrix moving message

Neomatrix since i start reading your request you never come up with a solution till now

OBIALOR said:
Neomatrix since i start reading your request you never come up with a solution till now
A 16x80 display is a beast, beyond most beginners and a wiring nightmare. Not to mention you'd need a high current power supply and high current row drivers. Neither cheap or easy.

Please check the forum. You may find some useful hints

Sadaf said:
Hi all
I want to have moving message display program for atmel AT89C251. May some one help me?

Added after 40 minutes:

OK Thanks
MicroS said:

Added after 6 minutes:

ok thanks
deniah said:
PIC 16C74 based led display

Added after 4 minutes:

ok thanks for the infor
deniah said:
PIC 16C74 based led display

Added after 3 minutes:

I'll send infor soon

creative_35 said:
Hi friends,
I am a newbie here. I like to make a moving message display with picmicro and 5X7 matrix I don't know any high level languages and only know assembly language. I tried to download some files from this forum, but it says you don't have points. can anyone help me? send me the related files through mail? actually I can write the software in assambly and program the pic but I don't know the basic idea of moving mesage diplay, how it scanning. please help me.

thenz for help of pupell

Added after 1 minutes:

Hi friends,
I am a newbie here. I like to make a moving message display with picmicro and 5X7 matrix I don't know any high level languages and only know assembly language. I tried to download some files from this forum, but it says you don't have points. can anyone help me? send me the related files through mail? actually I can write the software in assambly and program the pic but I don't know the basic idea of moving mesage diplay, how it scanning. please help me

well me too working at this but my dign is a huge one im just started working on but when i will get some information ill past it here

Why am I surprised (actually, not surprised) to see no videos of anyone's project here? I mean I want to see a working bench design and a little card that shows the poster's forum alias... and maybe a big thank you.

After all the designs and information posted in this thread, and persistent ignorance of most here, the thread should be renamed to:

"Please Design Me A Moving Message Display For Free, All Code and Electronics.... And I Almost Forgot.... I Need Your Phone Number And Address In Case It Breaks Or I Have To Change the Message!.... You see, My Professor is a Scary Dude... He asks questions!"

very good info guys thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back