Not open for further replies.

swordz60

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello people,
I have this old Samsung YP-P2 mp3 player, but its original charger is long gone. I can make one at home, but a silly problem arose - I can't find the charger connector pinout for the life of me. Does anyone have it by any chance? Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

Attachments

• pic04.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 96
  • so_04_yp-p2-main.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 79
  • IUAUMF_1_image.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 69

Can you get a look at the battery to see what type it is? Some types (eg., Li-ion) require caution in terms of charge rate and final voltage. It may be a wiser solution if you were to remove the battery, locate the + and - terminals, and charge it with measuring instruments attached.

I see four terminals on the Li-ion battery in my broken cell phone. It suggests there is more to giving it a proper charge, than just hooking up a power source to its + and - contacts. So don't take my recommendation as a final word.

I already removed the battery, that's why I'm trying to figure out where the positive and negative terminals are at the charger connector, not at the battery. That way I could reuse a phone charger, which is used to charge the same type 3.7V Li-ion batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…