Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Disk rotation counter for Watt hour meter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Are there any other way to count the no of rotations of disk using IR sensor without cutting the disk.
appreciates your valuable suggetions.

Thanks...

Added after 23 minutes:

Hi,

Also I want to know can I use reflection of IR beam to this counting purpose. If it is possible pls give me the methodology.

Thanks...

amila133 said:
Also I want to know can I use reflection of IR beam to this counting purpose. If it is possible pls give me the methodology. Thanks...
This is what all members were answering about with all the replies till date. You should have understood to manufacture an digital meter by now...:D:D

Also I want to know can I use reflection of IR beam to this counting purpose. If it is possible pls give me the methodology

91_1259248067.gif

Better to put the mirror (or at least a reflective surface) on the outside edge of the disc. It has two advantages:

1. The edge is normally accessible, the middle of the disc is usually obscured by the counting mechanism and may have to pass through a small gap in the motor magnets.

2. The disc has to be kept in balance, it's easier to achieve that on the edge. If necessary, fit two reflectors, on opposite sides to maintain balance and divide the pulses by two.

My meters here have a black mark on the edge of the disc so it's easier to see if it is rotating, if yours is the same, use a reflective opto-switch and look for the gap in the reflection as the black section passes by rather then create a new one.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back