Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Discussion on wireless charging solutions for ultra-low power IoT devices

gavinray

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello community members,

I am currently developing a wireless charging solution for ultra-low power IoT devices, which are mainly used for health monitoring and environmental sensing. To maximize device uptime and reduce maintenance requirements, wireless charging technology is being considered to power devices.

The main challenge I encountered was how to design an efficient and small wireless charging system that could charge multiple devices simultaneously within a few meters of distance while ensuring safety and avoiding any impact on the human body. I am particularly interested in the following aspects:

What existing wireless charging standards or technologies (such as Qi, AirFuel, etc.) are suitable for low-power IoT devices? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?
For long-distance wireless charging, are there any recommended technologies or methods, such as magnetic resonance, radio frequency (RF) energy harvesting, etc.?
When designing a miniaturized charging receiver, are there specific design considerations or tips that can help improve energy conversion efficiency?
What are some guidelines or best practices to follow when it comes to ensuring human safety?

I hope to learn from everyone’s suggestions and experiences, especially those who have already worked in the field of wireless charging. thank you very much for your help!

Hi,

You say you are developing ... then the first thing you should do is to decide your appliction´s requirements.

Phrases like: "efficient", "small", "ultra_low power", "maximize uptime", ... without values are meaningless. Every one reading this text will have a different imagination of these phrased values.

And there are wireless chariging semiconductor manufacturers, they provide a lot of informations. Also coil manufacturers and universities provide good, detailed and reliable informations. Just do an internet search, read through some documents .. then you are welcome to come back for more detailed questions.

Klaus

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: