Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Discrete PV model for real time simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

maha.eg

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a simulink file contain a PV model. but I couldn't simulate it as real time simulation on dspace 1103, I think because the model has a continuous elements such as exponential element. So, i can't simulate it.
who can help me to solve this problem? and is there a discrete model for Photovoltaic model (PV)?

I believe you can model a PV panel as a voltage source with a resistor in series. Anyway it's a start.

Example, if it is rated for 12V at 3A, then it can be modeled by a 24V source and an inline 4 ohm resistor. If you attach a 4 ohm load then it gets 12V at 3A, and that is also your condition of maximum power transfer (impedance matching).

I once did tests on some PV panels, with various loads. I took measurements of voltage and current.

For a panel designed to charge a 12V battery, I found it puts out 22V when a very light load is attached.

With a 0.3 ohm load, current output is 3.2 A but voltage drops to 1V or so.

By graphing all data, I saw that maximum power transfer is with a 6 to 8 ohm load.

When you attach a battery, things change. The internal resistance of the PV panel can be changed to a lesser value. Evidently this model needs more effort put into it, though I'm not sure just how to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.