Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Discrete Cosine Transform

Status
Not open for further replies.

nlulani

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I have tried to implement fast DCT and fast IDCT in C by using separable property and taking 8X8 block at a time of an image. But results are a little bit strange. I see verticle and horizntal lines throughout the image. these lines seems to be obvious from the fact that I am taking one block at a time for DCT processing. However as per this assumption as I am increasing the size of a block from 8X8 to 16X16 or higher these lines get separated accordingly more.

But still I am searching for its solution. If anyone has come across the same problem and solved it then please let me know about it. I am attaching here the results for your convenience.

thanks and regards
Nitin

Hi,
THis could be due to the Endianness od the system. I hope you are using the PC environment (i.e Intel based system...which is little endian) in this case the samples have their bytes swapped try reversinfg the byte order before transfoemation and before writing to the file. This could be the case as far as I can see.

~Kalyan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back