Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Direction finder with pseudo-doppler

Status
Not open for further replies.

edi94

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

i have been searching for how does direction finder work, especially with pseudo doppler. I want to use it to find UHF frequency source, for example i want to trace BTS GSM900 in around me.
what i want to ask are:
1. how is it possible to get different frequency phase for let's say 935MHz with antenna switch frequency only about 300kHz-1Mhz (from some tutorial i have read, some use sound card PC to process which mean much slower frequency sampling). i wonder with slower frequency sampling we will not get the actual different phase.

2. when I got difference phase, what should i do to generate another form sine wave sampling? is it measure it amplitude or it difference phase?

3. is there any more simple way to trace UHF transmitter might be suitable for me?

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back