suresh269

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pcb to screen problem

hello sir,
I'm new to pcb designing.iI'm using diptrace pcb software.I'm planing to make a screen to print pcb's.but in my printer i can get maximum A4 size paper.but my pcb is bigger than A4.I ask my screen maker can you make a screen using my diptrace pcb file. he told his machine are supported coreldraw,pdfand tif formats.what can i do to solve this problem?thank you sir.

pcb to screen problem

Make Gerber files, then they can be printed on a bigger printer.

OR print 2 halves onto film and using a light box carefully join them.

pcb to screen problem

I use another method. Coreldraw is capable of opening prn files. I had installed a A3 printer and setting its output to file.

Once you use that printer to print the pcb from diptracce you will get a prn file. Just import it in coreldraw .

Nandhu

Re: pcb to screen problem

Make gerbers as cyberrat says, print to a PDF printer, (many free ones out there), at 11x17" size 1 to 1 then send PDF file.

SiGiNT

You may find a Digital printing outlet or a DTP fellow who can print any files up to A3+ page and take a film out of it or give it directly to the PCB manufacturer.

OR

You may convert the DIP trace file to a PDF file from any PDF printing utilities and give it to your screen maker..

Cheers

pcb to screen problem

Hi suresh269,
I installed "Bullzip PDF Printer" SW_
its free downloadable & PCBs real size dont matter!
You dont need to make GBR for printouts your CAD schema or PCB over that .
You do printer select: "Bullzip..." and save into the output file, you can scale & handle it for x-y format ...
Its a very good tool!
K.

thank you all for valuble advices.I'll post result after.

pcb to screen problem

Most of our friends advice to use pdf converters. I tried a few of them. But the size is not exact. There are some errors in size while conversion.

How many of you tried and get good results. Please share

Nandhu

nandhu015 said:
I tried a few of them. But the size is not exact. There are some errors in size while conversion.
How many of you tried and get good results. Please share

Nandhu
Yes..i use "PDFCreator-0_9_3_GPLGhostscript" and you can print any doccument provided you set the page size in relation to the same. regarding errors, No matter how it looks on the screen, when you print the said doccument, on a bigger paper,say A3, it should print 100% scale provided you select it. Cheers

Hi karesz,
thank you for your information
i followed your method and it's easy to me.
sorry for my late reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…