Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Diode_Reference_Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hot_snow

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have designed a board and I made an error when I calculated my thru-hole diodes footprint. In fact the recommended footprint of the hole is 1 mm, but my footprint hole is equal to 0.7 mm. Can any one give me a reference of a diode which has a pin dimension less than 0.4mm ? Or can someone give me a suggestion how to solder these diodes?

Thanks,

You didn't say what type of diode so it is difficult to advise. A 1N914 has 0.56mm diameter legs so will fit.

If the board is double sided, plated through, simply cut the legs short and solder to the top PCB surface. Otherwise solder small wires through the holes and then solder the diode to that on the top side. Or solder the diode to the pads on the opposite side of the PCB.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back