Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Diode trigger transistor - help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Diode trigger transistor

Dear All,

I would like to get some advice from you all.

I have 2 input signal to share with one transistor driver. I would like to know if this two input (EXIN1 and EXIN2) signal is Lo, is it the transistor BASE is fully shot to GND? I have using meter to measure the 'a' point it is 0V. But i'm worry it is hap logic condition will cause the IO signal not stable. I have use 430Ohm to pull it to GND, is it necessary?

Is it correct for this circuit?

Thank you,.

Diode trigger transistor

remove R1999

Help

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: Diode trigger transistor

There are two reasons to use a pull-down resistor at all:
- diode and transistor leakage currents, particularly at higher temperatures
- off switching speed

If you feel 430 ohm is too low, you can increase the value. To short leakage currents, 10 k is most likely sufficient. But the off switching
speed is much lower then.

Help

You need “something” to pull the voltage at point “a” down, but that something doesn’t need to be as strong pull-down as is 430Ω ..
Consider 4.7kΩ, 10kΩ or even 100kΩ, as I don’t think you are talking about situation where this transistor has to switch hundreds of MHz ..

Rgds,
IanP
:D

Help

Dear IQBAL KHAN,

Thanks for your reply and trying to give some help.

Dear FvM, Ianp,

Thanks for you all advice. I have learn new thing from this circuit. I will try change the pull down resistor to 10k or 100k.

Thanks alot. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.